Carol Burnett Show outtakes - Tim Conway's Elephant Story



Tim Conway destroys his castmates during a "Mama's Family" sketch on the "Carol Burnett Show" by refusing to let the scene continue until he can finish a story about a circus elephant. Unedited!

source

36 Responses to "Carol Burnett Show outtakes - Tim Conway's Elephant Story"

  1. This is the best thread on the internet because everyone posting here has just been laughing. :)

    BalasHapus
  2. Ya do not find comedy like this anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    BalasHapus
  3. All they could do was just blow and go "norkit" LOL!

    BalasHapus
  4. Everyone in America was waiting for that moment when Harvey was about to crack up. CLASSIC.

    BalasHapus
  5. A generation that knew how to perform real comedy.

    BalasHapus
  6. @ 2:28 when Mama looks at Carol and does the double take. Carol was pretty much taken out of the game by that point.

    BalasHapus
  7. If the dwarf and elephant were lovers that would make the definition of a "nose job" a little bit different!

    BalasHapus
  8. These folks were actually funny, had great chemistry and could ad-lib. God forbid if they tried shows like this again!

    BalasHapus
  9. "I guess it's not elephant time." "No."

    And then it's off to the races!

    BalasHapus
  10. Tim Conway is therapy for me!!

    BalasHapus
  11. These comedians were the original SNL.

    BalasHapus
  12. I love Carol so much 😂👏🏽

    BalasHapus
  13. I have watched this I million times and still have no idea what the grandma is saying at the end

    BalasHapus
  14. When i first saw this episode, I cried cause I was laughing so hard...........Oooooh baby................Tim Conway............you gotta love him!!!!!!!!!! :0)

    BalasHapus
  15. Yeah, it's a shame comedy isn't what it used to be. Today it's more foul nasty humor, but not funny. That's the world we live in now. Thankfully we can look on places like YouTube and still watch old classics as this.

    BalasHapus
  16. Carol Burnett gave SNL a serious run for their money!

    BalasHapus
  17. This IS noted as thee funniest Carol Burnett Show blooper :)))))

    BalasHapus
  18. Dick Van Dyke looked like he was ready to pee himself for awhile there. Loved how they all lost it when Vickie Laurence delivered that punchline and they completely broke character laughing.

    BalasHapus
  19. I loved watching The Carol Burnett show just for moments like this when Tim Conway would have everyone trying to hide their laughter to just get through the scene. He's awesome!

    BalasHapus
  20. This clip cracks me up to no end, I start each and everyday off with this scene!

    BalasHapus
  21. I watch this at least twice a year. When I'm feeling bad it ALWAYS turns my mood around.

    BalasHapus
  22. I don't know what's funnier: the fact that Vicki went off-script with an absolutely brilliant comeback or the fact that she said it while still in character XD

    BalasHapus
  23. Oh my goodness! This is my first time seeing this and I was on the floor laughing my ass off! This is how comedy should be! Bravo!

    BalasHapus
  24. amazing how easily people can be entertained.

    BalasHapus
  25. Every time he took a break you could just see the wheels turning in my mind as what would be the next line to kill them all. Tim Conway is a genius at comedy.

    BalasHapus
  26. Dick Van Dyke made no pretense about staying in character during the whole skit, which shows how relaxed and uninhibited the actors felt during the rehearsal show. They knew going off-script was expected if not encouraged because comedy gold was usually the result.

    BalasHapus