Comedy Tonight- A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum (1996 Revival)



IMPORTANT NOTE: I do not own the rights to any of this song or "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum." I do not want any legal trouble so if you are affiliated with whoever owns the rights to the show please inform me right away and this video will be taken down IMMEDIATELY! I cannot afford to pay any legal fees so if there are any complications with this please feel free to remove it.

So it has come to my attention that one cannot find (It is very hard to find) a good recording of the original cast recording of the 1996 Broadway Revival of A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum. You can only find a few certain songs on YouTube and the CD is nowhere to be found on iTunes. So I decided to help you all out by posting some songs from the show!

This song is "Comedy Tonight" with a small excerpt of the overture thrown in at the beginning (It is labeled as "Instrumental Opening" on the album) which is just about my favorite song in the entire world at the moment.

Anyways please enjoy, and again if there are any legal problems PLEASE take this video down or give me a warning, I DON'T WANT any trouble! :) Thanks for your hopeful understanding...thanks again!

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
Book By: Burt Shevelove and Garry Gelbart
Music and Lyrics By: Stephen Sondheim
Originally Produced on Broadway
By: Harold S. Prince

source

27 Responses to "Comedy Tonight- A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum (1996 Revival)"

  1. just saw last night but dave lane must be haleruss and think that whas just a tuses day LOL

    BalasHapus
  2. was that Pumba at the end sayin comedy? 0.o

    BalasHapus
  3. My schools doing this and i'm not sure what song i want to audition with...

    BalasHapus
  4. The voice of Pumbaa, Ernie Sabella played Marcus Lycus in the revival. Yes, it is him heard at the end saying "comedy?"

    BalasHapus
  5. I'm singing this for my schools audition. At first I thought it was going to be stupid but I watched some of the play and it was HILARIOUS.

    BalasHapus
  6. I had so much fun seeing this at the St James theater in 96!

    BalasHapus
  7. HOLY SHIT I JUST REALIZED NATHAN LANE IS TIMON

    BalasHapus
  8. Certainly is. Ernie Sabella's in it too. Very first time I heard 'House of Marcus Lycus' I just had this vision of a meerkat and a warthog singing about a whorehouse.

    BalasHapus
  9. Our School just performed this play Yesterday, 5/3/13. It was amazing!

    BalasHapus
  10. Hmm the fact that we're playing this for our school musical and the flute part is INSANE! I'm suddenly freaking out!

    BalasHapus
  11. HOW ARE WE GOING TO SING THIS IN OUR MUSICAL!?

    BalasHapus
  12. No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no!

    BalasHapus
  13. I'm used to the film version, and I get the feeling I'm missing something important with the long interludes.  Also, I prefer Zero Mostel singing, it feels like Nathan Lane is overselling it.

    BalasHapus
  14. Has Nathan Lane managed to play all the roles Zero Mostel played the first time?

    BalasHapus
  15. were doing  this play at my high school, and ive already seen this number preformed (cause im in theater class) and i didn't expect it to go as well as it did xP 

    BalasHapus
  16. This is so awesome! Can you please upload the Finale song?

    BalasHapus
  17. Do you think you could upload House of Marcus Lycus??

    BalasHapus
  18. Nathan Lane is one of the best actors around. Great voice too. Go Timon!

    BalasHapus
  19. Someone please help I need a one minute monologue for an audition that's perfect for the role of domina!!!! Some sites I looked in don't have that great of comedic monologues for a part like her.

    BalasHapus